Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) formed the Special Fund in 2010 to provide special assistance to the poor and the extremely poor people in humanitarian or social crises and natural disasters. Participants of different PKSF programs/projects, including staff members of PKSF and its Partner Organizations (POs) can seek support from the Fund. In addition, helpless and ailing freedom fighters, teachers and development workers are supported under the Special Fund. A four-member committee headed by the Managing Director of PKSF operates the fund.
• Rehabilitating disaster-stricken poor people through financial and material assistance.
• Providing emergency support to the vulnerable communities in special situations through community support programs such as provision of safe drinking water, repair of infrastructures like road, bridge/culverts.
• Facilitating scholarship programs for meritorious children of the poor and the extremely poor participants of PKSF programs to help continue their studies. In exceptional cases, educational grants are also offered.
• Providing financial assistance to educational and health-related non-government institutions that serve the poor and the extremely poor.
• Organizing special programs and activities (health, education, sports etc) on special occasions.
• Providing financial and material assistance to individuals who are suffering from acute diseases like cancer, heart diseases, liver diseases, brain hemorrhage, paralysis etc, and are unable to bear the medical expenses.
Since 2010, PKSF has disbursed around BDT 3.32 crore to individuals and institutions as financial assistance for education, health and other social services from its Special Fund.